Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

    Many people are most likely to tell a friend of a time when they received bad customer service, rather than a time they received great customer service. Fortunately, this post is about a positive customer experience. I was having a horrible day and decided to go to the mall to get out of my slump. I walked around inside and bumped into a store named Sephora located inside a department store, JC Penny. Once I got there I became mesmerized by the amount of beauty supplies. Everything I could ever need surrounded me. Make up brushes, endless eye shadows, different face primers, skin care products, blush, etc. I can go on and on, but what I gravitated towards was the make up brushes. I was gazing at a stippling brush when an associate walked over and said “Welcome to Sephora, my name is Jessica. Are you looking for anything in particular?” I answered, “I’m just looking around but I am trying to find a good foundation brush.” She replied “Oh I see your looking at our professional stippling brush. I use that and I really love it! It is very soft on the face and creates an airbrushed sort of look when applying foundation. You can use it for a light coverage or build it up.” "... Companies share a passion for understanding and satisfying customer needs in well-defined target markets. They motivate everyone in the organization to help build lasting customer relationships based on creating value." (Marketing: An Introduction, pg.4) I felt like I was talking to one of my girlfriends. I confessed to Jess, “I really want to try it because I've heard some great reviews, but I’m scared that if it’s not for me I’ll be stuck with it.” She smiled and said “If you don’t like it you can return it, we won’t stick you with it. Experiment with it and if you’re not happy with it then come back with the receipt and return it.” She was very professional and made me feel comfortable when I spoke with her about my concerns. I wanted to hug her and say thank you! After a short conversation I was sold, and made my way over to purchase my new favorite foundation brush.

No comments:

Post a Comment