Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Week 2 EOC: Boston Consulting Group - Video Games

In my opinion, I believe that when it comes to different consoles and the way they rank all depends on the way the consumer views it. When it comes to Mobile, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Wii they have different positive and negative results. In the star section would have to be the mobile phone apps and games. They are so easily downloadable, affordable, and portable they seem close to perfect for the gamer on the go or anyone looking to waste some time waiting in line. PlayStation 3 would have to be in the cow section because although it is be loved and their are many loyal PlayStation consumers, they can only tweak the console itself so many times before it becomes a nuisance. They have gone as far as they are going to go and there might be a high rise in profit but it will fizzle out in a short period of time. As for the Xbox 360 I think this console would fall into the question mark category. I'm torn in the middle over this one because I know many people love the Xbox for how convenient it is. It can play DVDs, you can surf the internet, use your Netflix account, and play or join games with other online friends. I feel like it does everything-video game wise-it can do already. There has been talk of the Xbox being used for medical reasons, if it goes that route I think it would make a huge comeback. We wont see it on the selves of Wal-Mart, but at our doctors offices instead. "While he wants to buy "The Beatles: Rockband" game, which will go for $250 with accessories, he said he "can't afford to buy it until I get a job." (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124865158612682399.html) Last and most likely the least console with a chance of survival, the Wii. It falls into the dog category. I personally own one, that was previously my little brothers who gave it to me because he was bored of it. I don't use it for anything besides logging into my Netflix account. If it wasn't capable of that, it would probably be sitting in the garage, collecting dust.

No comments:

Post a Comment